Monday, January 29, 2007

We're Parents!


We'd like to introduce you all to the newest addition to our family, Pecos Maiolo.
This is Cara writing by the way. And if you all know me, then you know that little animals are not my thing. Especially when they make loud noises between 7:00-10:00am. However, Brent convinced me last year to adopt with him our first "children"; Peek and Boo Maiolo. It was a rocky start between us, needless to say. While they would lovingly sit on Brent's shoulders and chirp in his ear, they would dive bomb my head and wait until Brent left in the morning to yell and drive me crazy. However, these birds were survivors and made it clinging to the sides of their cage on the long drive out to Colorado. Unfortunately, Boo passed away (we think due to old age) shortly after we settled into our Aspen home. Brent has been searching for a new playmate for Peek ever since. Slowly, my counselor tendencies began to come out, and I felt so sorry for Peek having to be all alone that I gave my consent. We found a playmate for Peek. Pecos was adopted from the Parakeet Rescue, and after a couple of days of checking each other out, they have happly begun sharing a cage together. (Peek on right, Pecos on left)

No comments: