Saturday, January 13, 2007

Winterskol 2007, The Celebration of Winter

Winterskol has been celebrated the last 50+ years in Aspen. It is a great time for locals and tourists to come together to celebrate the cold nights, powder days, and small town community of Aspen.. Cara and I marched in the parade as members of the Aspen State Teachers College. She played the tambourine and I played the cow bell.



Cedar Wax wings eating cold berries


Old man playing a wood fire, steam powered, pipe organ, pulled by a 1945 Willies Jeep






If gas were not $2.50 a gallon, this would be my commuter car...






Two snow bunnies





Fritz, a member of the Aspen State Teachers College (a club started in the late 70's by local ski bums, which Cara and I are both members of, is now having a revival in the town) plays with the Air Force Academy's marching band.




One of the many snow sculptures around town. This one of a man who ate his fill.

1 comment:

skillet street food said...

Hey my favorite Aspenites!! I LOVE that you are posting a blog now. Keep the pictures coming...we love them!

Stay warm and loved!!!

Kel and Josh